Saturday 2 December 2017

December: Christmas: Reality

The beginning of any other month heralds some book-keeping, diary checking and generally getting an overview of events to come. In many respects, December is therefore no different I've 'closed down' the November books for the business. I've brought the calendar up to date and I acknowledge that there's quite a lot to do in terms of domesticity and turning chez Dunnit into a veritable grotto.
I can't help the onset of a slight nagging worry though. Now it's upon me and I need to write and send the cards you've all been hearing about for months (sorry), I can't shake the feeling that I may not have enough. Oh my gawd. The only way to find out is to write them and get it sorted before its too late. And so I will, but I prefer not to. I don't want to know if I need to make more, because I don't want to make more. I don't want to start writing them because it's quite a long job and I don't want to start writing them just to find out if there are enough. It sort of removes the spirit of the job, don't you think! 
Now, Mr Dunnit has come home from work and had lunch, and announced that he will have the afternoon off. (Well it is Saturday after all). He doesn't want to go shopping, for a walk, or do much that's constructive. And so, I'm going to sit with the basket of cards and do the deed. Don't talk to me about making a list, this is one thing in my life that I don't, for some reason, ever make a list for. Weird. I guess to a certain extent I simply rely on the address book. Standby then, to read a post on Monday about making quick and effective cards! 

6 comments:

Helen said...

I hope you had enough.... I look forward to the next post with interest... I have lots still to make. I am thinking of paying someone to write them for me next year.. wonder if it's too late for this year! Trouble with Christmas cards is there is so little natural light for colour matching and we all know the trials and tribulations of daylight bulbs!

Sue said...

Hi Julia, I got all my envelops written up with stamps last week. Today got all the cards written up, so now sealed and ready to pop into the post box. I have two parcels and three Air Mail ones, which I will have to take to the Post Office. I however don't feel smug, as I only had 38 cards and all but about 6 were bought ones.

Hope you find you have enough and then you really can be smug. Sue

Anonymous said...

spontaneity is the spice of life lol,, making lists is over rated lol,, have the best day!!!

Linby said...

ha, ha - I did exactly the same thing yesterday. Cards left over but not suitable for those I still need cards for......

misteejay said...

You're not the only one Julia. I have been putting this off and still haven't got around to it. Hope you had enough for your needs.
Toni xx

Cara said...

I'll join you with my head in the sand, or should that be snow... x