Tuesday 22 April 2014

T Tuesday. B B(earth)day

As you know, I'm not much of a mixed media artist.  Hang on, I'm not a mixed media artist. I'm a paper crafter.  And, I'm pretty hot at domestic recycling. But when you combine the two, art and recycling - I'm a gonner.  The queen of recycling - ah, erm, I think we're calling it 'upcycling' for arty purposes these days - is Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover.  
And because today is Earth Day, there's a double celebration over at her place...T Tuesday and Earth Day.  Elizabeth has spent the last 22 days showing art that incorporates recycled stuff.  Man she's clever.  Appropriately, today culminates with a celebration Christmas Tree. Well, I thought it appropriate.
And my contribution - well it's for T Tuesday really, although if you consider that I've shown part of it as a sneak peek and it's a card from the now long ago Card Marathon, then it is sort of recycled, non?  Or, 'dredged up' again.  Ah well.  I still like it!
Text by Quietfire, Teacups by Stampington. WOW embossing powder. Naff photo by yours truly.

There's a new workshop schedule to be pondered over this week....I wonder how soon into starting on the samples will I ask myself 'why did you suggest this as a theme?'.  I suspect sooner rather than later.  I may have to whine about it later.  Brace yourselves.
Happy Earth Day.





20 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

Happy Earth Day Julia, love the card and it's worth seeing again :D

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T (Earth) Day! I love this card and the cute quote on it. It was new to me and one I wouldn't mind seeing again.
Thanks for sharing it and have a great day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ah, but dear Julia, you ARE a mixed media artist. You used ink, paper, EP, and glue to make that card, and that qualifies, whether you think so or not.

Incidentally, that was one of the first stamps I ever borrowed from a neighbor who introduced me to stamping. I used it in my coffee altered book, the first AB I ever started. You can probably guess how many years ago that was, because telling how old that stamp is, is like revealing our age (grin).

Thanks for sharing your mixed media card and joining my bEARTHday celebration this T Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

sweet card and sentiment. Happy T day and earth day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Visiting from Tea Tuesday--love all the images of tea cups in your card!

Divers and Sundry said...

happy earth day!

what a cozy quote. i'm almost able to taste the tea and feel the friendliness. thx :)

Krisha said...

Love that quote and your "re-cycled" card. Fun to dig out something from long ago and compare to what your doing today.

Happy T-day and Earth day and thanks for the visit this week.

Halle said...

Fun card! Happy Tuesday!

Helen said...

Great card, love those tea cups... look forward to your whining soon, lol!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Earth Day Julia. I love a good quote so love this stamp ... I may just have to check out Quietfire stamps. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Dianne said...

What a cute card...and love that stamped quote! 'hundreds of things to talk about'...that's a great one.love the colors too...
happy T day!

Rita said...

I love that saying on the stamp!! So pretty, too!
Happy T-Day and a Happy Earth Day! :)

misteejay said...

Lovely card Julia - that is a great sentiment.

Thank you so much for your email - much appreciated.

Toni xx

Robyn said...

reused, recycled, upcycled- by any name it is a lovely card.
Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without!
How i was raised!
thanks ever sod or creating with Quietfire Design!

creatorme said...

Happy T-Day!
Nice card ... old or new. Love all those tea cups.

my cup of tea said...

I love this card! Its about a tea pot! Anything tea for me!
Donna

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my-this is a lovely sentiment! Don't give up on me, work is crazy these days and energy level is down...I will be back soon I hope!

Vicki Miller said...

Ah, well, I haven't seen it before and it's about tea and gorgeous. What else could I ask for?

Robyn said...

Great minds...I'm working on mine too!
And trying to keep the dirt from my gardening hands off of my paper!
thank goddess for spring! in this part of the world.
thanks as ever for the visit.
robyn 41

Hettie said...

I likie! That sentiment is great and just right for T on Tuesday!
Apologies for being late - again! This thing called work don't half get in the way!
Hugs
xx